Rafter JM Aussies is dedicated to the improvement of the Miniature Australian Shepherds. The intent of this contract is to assure that the dogs produced from this breeder will receive appropriate care and will be protected from indiscriminate breeding, so that the outstanding qualities of health and versatility are enhanced. It is to be recognized that this mini aussie puppy represents many years of careful breeding and is considered to be of extreme value both to the seller and to the buyer.
Breeding Rights: NO
Health Guarantee / Terms & Conditions
1. Rafter JM Aussies guarantees that this puppy is purebred and is registered or registerable with any of the following: ASDR, IMASC or MASCA. Rafter JM Aussie puppies are NEVER to be registered as a Miniature American Shepherd with any registry. Above described puppy/dog is of typical temperament and structure, and embodies the basic standards of the Miniature Australian Shepherd breed at time of sale. This puppy/dog is healthy, free of any contagious disease and in sound condition at the time of sale. Buyer has 72 hours from the time of delivery/pickup to have a vet check done on said puppy and to have him/her micro-chipped if required by local laws. Vet check must be done by a licensed veterinarian. If buyer fails to have vet check done within 72 hours and/or fails to continue adequate care for pet, this contract will be considered null and void and may result in return of said puppy to Rafter JM Aussies with no refund of purchase price or shipping fees (if applicable). If found unhealthy by licensed veterinarian within this 72 hours, buyer has the right to return animal for full refund of purchase price providing he/she has given seller adequate documentation from vet and that the animal has sustained no injury after buyer took possession.
2. Rafter JM Aussies guarantees that said puppy is free of hereditary defects to the best of his/her knowledge. In the case of untreatable genetic diseases or defects, each case will be dealt with individually. Rafter JM Aussies does guarantee that said puppy will not develop any life threatening disease or defect before thirty-six (36) months of age. Every possible precaution is taken that all puppies will be healthy throughout the remainder of their lives. However, in the case the pet does develop a life altering disease or defect before thirty-six (36) months of age, buyer has two options:
Option 1. Return puppy and receive a replacement of equal value upon next available litter.
Option 2. Or keep puppy and be reimbursed half the original “pet” purchase price.
In the result of a replacement puppy agreement, it is buyer’s responsibility to provide proof that diseased puppy has been examined and diagnosed by two non-affiliated veterinarians. Written proof must be shown to seller before any action is taken provided that diseased puppy is same state of health as it was sold (besides documented condition/disease). Maximum of 12 months will be given on seller’s behalf to allow time for new litters to arrive or funds for reimbursement to be collected. Seller will not refund money in any situation except herein stated. Any and all vet bills are the responsibility of the buyer. No exceptions. Health guarantee does not cover any parasite, internal or external, as this is a treatable condition. However, every precaution is taken by Rafter JM Aussies to keep puppies parasites free.
3. All puppies/dogs are sold as PET QUALITY only. This means they are sold as companion animals. Not show/breed quality unless specifically sold under contract as such, in which case a “breed/show” contract will be signed. Pet quality puppies are to be spayed/neutered before they reach nine months of age, unless otherwise agreed upon by both parties. Written proof from a veterinarian (receipt of services rendered will suffice) must be provided to receive puppy’s registration application(s). If buyer refuses to alter said dog it will result in return of him/her to Rafter JM Aussies with no refund of purchase price or shipping expenses. Buyer agrees that no puppies will be produced by said dog and to pay the sum of $3,000.00 as liquidated damages if dog is ever bred. Also, breeding will result in breach of contract and as a result dog must be returned to Rafter JM Aussies immediately! No exceptions.
4. The Buyer shall maintain the puppy in good condition, including adherence to a regular immunization schedule, deworming, heartworm preventative, good diet and supplements and a clean and safe environment. Due to the varying kinds of food and different environmental conditions the puppies come in contact with; and the fact that all puppies have immune systems that take time to mature, the terms of this guarantee will not be honored unless they are given NuVet Plus® Immune System Builder, as directed by the manufacturer, for at least 90 days, covering the puppy’s gap in immune system development. Failure to do so will render this guarantee null and void except where prohibited by law. We also highly recommend you continue to give your pet NuVet Plus beyond the 90-day period to promote optimal health for a lifetime. Seller will provide buyer with a record of preventative care said puppy has already received while under the care of Rafter JM Aussies (varies dependent on age). Buyer is required to have a licensed veterinarian administer proper distemper/parvo combo vaccines at monthly intervals until puppy reaches sixteen weeks of age. Rabies vaccination is to be given at three-four months of age. A copy of vaccination record or receipt from buyer’s vet is to be mailed to Rafter JM Aussies after services for said puppy are complete. Disregard immunization requirements if pet is over the age and has already received above stated preventative care while in breeder’s care. If at any time the seller finds that the puppy/dog is being kept, treated or allowed to behave in a manner not acceptable to state or local laws, or that in endangering pet’s quality of life, the buyer agrees to surrender the puppy/dog, (and all of its registration documents, with ownership transfer properly signed), to the seller. In any case, buyer agrees to allow the seller access to the puppy/dog and to the premises where it is kept, to evaluate the condition therein at any point.
5. Under no circumstances are shipping expenses the responsibility of Rafter JM Aussies. When shipping any puppy, via ground or air, pet’s health and safety is always of the upmost importance and number one concern. Quality will be considered over cost. The best route and all flight plans will be chosen and made by Rafter JM Aussies. All shipping costs related to any dog being purchased, as well as in relationship to any dog being replaced for any reason, are the responsibility of the buyer. When chance is given below to rehome puppy back with Rafter JM Aussies (see par. 6) shipping is still the responsibility of the original buyer. Rafter JM Aussies shall not be responsible for death of said puppy/dog due to negligence or carelessness of any airline or other live animal carrier, it’s agents, employees or the buyer. Once puppy has left seller’s care it is the responsibility of the buyer. When shipping a puppy via air, judgment as to whether or not puppy can handle the length of flight and any layovers shall be made by Rafter JM Aussies after consulting with a veterinarian. If it is determined that distance is too far, or flight schedules do not allow, alternatives shipping situations will be discussed with new owners. Shipping situation is dependent on weather condition. For no reason will any puppy be released to their new homes before eight weeks of age unless specific arrangements are made.
6. In the case buyer’s situation has changed in that he/she can no longer care for this dog, he/she must notify the seller immediately. Buyer agrees that Rafter JM Aussies will have first option to buy back puppy at original purchase price (minus the deposit). The seller will take the dog back or assist in finding a suitable home for it. At no time will this dog be surrendered to a shelter or humane society. And under NO circumstances shall the buyer sell the puppy to any individual or establishment in the business of buying and selling dogs, neither for a profit, or to any research institution where medical experimentation or other practices take place. No exceptions. If in case said dog is sold and Rafter JM Aussies is not notified prior to his/her sale or rehoming, strict legal actions will be taken against original buyer to have pet returned to Rafter JM Aussies with no refund of any purchase price, shipping fees, or court fees if applicable.
7. Rafter JM Aussies strongly recommends buyer attend obedience classes with puppy and provide proper socialization opportunities after immunizations have been given. Seller shall not be held responsible for acts of puppy destruction due to buyer’s negligence as it is the buyer’s responsibilities to provide a safe and secure environment once the pup leaves the seller’s home. It is also recommended that buyer provide pet with proper collar and identification tags even after being micro-chipped.
8. Buyer agrees if legal action is taken in regard to this puppy/dog against Rafter JM Aussies by any person, all attorney/court fees are buyer’s responsibility. In the case, Rafter JM Aussies feels legal action is necessary to be brought against buyer, in the ruling of Rafter JM Aussies, attorney/court fees will also be buyer’s responsibility. This contract is under the jurisdiction of the state of Oklahoma. In the event of any dispute, the parties mutually agree that the dispute will be settled under the jurisdiction of Choctaw County, Oklahoma. This agreement may not be changed, altered or amended except in a writing signed by both parties.
Paying the deposit and sellers acceptance of a deposit serves as a signature on contract.
I, the undersigned buyer have read, understand and agree with all of the terms and conditions set forth in this sales contract.
Limited Registration Contract & Health Guarantee