Rafter JM Aussies is dedicated to the improvement of the Miniature Australian Shepherds. The intent of this contract is to assure that the dogs produced from this breeder will receive appropriate care and will be protected from indiscriminate breeding, so that the outstanding qualities of health and versatility are enhanced. It is to be recognized that this mini aussie puppy represents many years of careful breeding and is considered to be of extreme value both to the seller and to the buyer.
Breeding Rights: YES
Health Guarantee / Terms & Conditions
1. Rafter JM Aussies guarantees that this puppy is purebred and is registered or registerable with any of the following: ASDR, IMASC or MASCA. Above described puppy/dog is of typical temperament and structure, and embodies the basic standards of the Miniature Australian Shepherd breed at time of sale. This puppy/dog is healthy, free of any contagious disease and in sound condition at the time of sale. Buyer has 72 hours from the time of delivery/pickup to have a vet check done on said puppy and to have him/her micro-chipped if required by local laws. Vet check must be done by a licensed veterinarian. If buyer fails to have vet check done within 72 hours and/or fails to continue adequate care for pet, this contract will be considered null and void and may result in return of said puppy to Rafter JM Aussies with no refund of purchase price or shipping fees (if applicable). If found unhealthy by licensed veterinarian within this 72 hours, buyer has the right to return animal for full refund of purchase price providing he/she has given seller adequate documentation from vet and that the animal has sustained no injury after buyer took possession.
2. Rafter JM Aussies guarantees that said puppy is free of hereditary defects to the best of his/her knowledge. In the case of untreatable genetic diseases or defects, each case will be dealt with individually. Rafter JM Aussies does guarantee that said puppy will not develop any life threatening disease or defect before thirty-six (36) months of age. Every possible precaution is taken that all puppies will be healthy throughout the remainder of their lives. It is thought and agreed upon by both Rafter JM Aussies and buyer at time of sale, that this particular puppy possesses all the outstanding qualities of a mini aussie and has the potential to be bred at correct age and after all genetic testing has been completed and passed (CERF- eye/OFA- hips- fair, good, excellent). If puppy fails to pass genetic testing stated herein, buyer should contact Rafter JM Aussies immediately. After proper documentation has been produced and it is proven by two non- affiliated licensed veterinarians that dog is not worthy to be shown/bred buyer has two options.
Option 1. A new puppy from next available litter will be offered in exchange after original dog is returned to Rafter JM Aussies
Option 2. In the case that the buyer does not want an exchange on a new puppy, it may be negotiated that the purchase amount of breeding rights will be refunded to buyer to compensate for puppy that is now “pet quality”, not to exceed $500.00.
These options are voided if named dog has produced a litter prior to or after genetic testing was completed/failed. Being that first sold dog is now pet quality, buyer enters into a new contract and agrees to alter pet immediately. Written proof from a veterinarian (receipt of services rendered will suffice) must be provided to Rafter JM Aussies to take further action. If buyer refuses to alter said dog it will result in return of him/her, at buyer’s expense, to Rafter JM Aussies with no refund of purchase price, shipping expenses (if applicable), or refund and/or compensation of new show/breed quality puppy. Buyer agrees that no puppies will be produced by now “pet” quality puppy and to pay the sum of $3,000.00 as liquidated damages if dog is ever bred. Rafter JM Aussies has the right to put a hold on any exchange (money or new puppy) until proof of sterilization is rendered. Any new puppy discussed will be sold under their own individual contract.
No exceptions. Health guarantee does not cover any parasite, internal or external, as this is a treatable condition. However, every precaution is taken by Rafter JM Aussies to keep puppies parasites free.
3. Puppy will be sold with full breeding rights to new owner. Buyer agrees that no offspring produced will ever be sold to individuals consigned to pet shops or other wholesale marketing outlets. It will result in breach of this part of the contract and as a result dog must be returned to Rafter JM Aussies immediately, at buyer’s expense! No exceptions. The Buyer agrees to breed this dog to only registered Australian Shepherds, in any size variety. Any mating to any breed other than an Australian Shepherd is a breach of contract and will result in termination of registration papers, health guarantee and the Buyer is subject to pay the sum of $3000.00 as liquidated damages for compromising the Rafter JM Aussies breeding program.
4. The Buyer shall maintain the puppy in good condition, including adherence to a regular immunization schedule, deworming, heartworm preventative, good diet and supplements and a clean and safe environment. Due to the varying kinds of food and different environmental conditions the puppies come in contact with; and the fact that all puppies have immune systems that take time to mature, the terms of this guarantee will not be honored unless they are given NuVet Plus® Immune System Builder, as directed by the manufacturer, for at least 90 days, covering the puppy’s gap in immune system development. Failure to do so will render this guarantee null and void except where prohibited by law. We also highly recommend you continue to give your pet NuVet Plus beyond the 90-day period to promote optimal health for a lifetime. Seller will provide buyer with a record of preventative care said puppy has already received while under the care of Rafter JM Aussies. Buyer is required to have a licensed veterinarian administer proper distemper/parvo combo vaccines at monthly intervals until puppy reaches sixteen weeks of age. Rabies vaccination is to be given at three-four months of age. A copy of vaccination record or receipt from buyer’s vet is to be mailed to Rafter JM Aussies after services for said puppy are complete. Disregard immunization requirements if pet is over the age and has already received above stated preventative care while in breeder’s care. If at any time the seller finds that the puppy/dog is being kept, treated or allowed to behave in a manner not acceptable to state or local laws, or that in endangering pet’s quality of life, the buyer agrees to surrender the puppy/dog, (and all of its registration documents, with ownership transfer properly signed), to the seller. In any case, buyer agrees to allow the seller access to the puppy/dog and to the premises where it is kept, to evaluate the conditions at any point.
5. In the case buyer’s situation has changed in that he/she can no longer care for this dog, he/she must notify the seller immediately. Buyer agrees that Rafter JM Aussies will have first option to buy back puppy at original purchase price (minus breeding rights). The seller will take the dog back or assist in finding a suitable home for it. At no time will this dog be surrendered to a shelter or humane society. And under NO circumstances shall the buyer sell the puppy to any individual or establishment in the business of buying and selling dogs for profit, or to any research institution where medical experimentation or other practices take place. No exceptions. If in case said dog is sold and Rafter JM Aussies is not notified prior to his/her sale or rehoming, strict legal actions will be taken against original buyer to have pet returned to Rafter JM Aussies with no refund of any purchase price, shipping fees, or court fees if applicable.
6. Rafter JM Aussies strongly recommends buyer attend obedience classes with puppy and provide proper socialization opportunities after all immunizations have been given. Seller shall not be held responsible for acts of puppy destruction due to buyer’s negligence as it is the buyer’s responsibilities to provide a safe and secure environment once the pup leaves the seller’s home. It is also recommended that buyer provide pet with proper collar and identification tags even after being micro-chipped.
7. Buyer acknowledges that said dog is a registered Miniature Australian Shepherd and is never to be mated with and/or never to be registered as a Miniature American Shepherd, in any registry, under any circumstance. Legal action will be taken if the before mentioned occurs.
8. Buyer agrees if legal action is taken in regard to this puppy/dog against Rafter JM Aussies by any person, all attorney/court fees are buyer’s responsibility. In the case, Rafter JM Aussies feels legal action is necessary to be brought against buyer, in the ruling of Rafter JM Aussies, attorney/court fees will also be buyer’s responsibility. This contract is under the jurisdiction of the state of Oklahoma. In the event of any dispute, the parties mutually agree that the dispute will be settled under the jurisdiction of Choctaw County, Oklahoma. This agreement may not be changed, altered or amended except in a writing signed by both parties.
Paying the deposit and sellers acceptance of a deposit serves as a signature on contract.
I, the undersigned buyer, have read, understand and agree with all of the terms and conditions set forth in this sales contract.
Full Registration Contract & Health Guarantee